Do dreams really come true?


There are people who put their dreams in a little box and say, "Yes, I've got dreams,of course I've got dreams.Then they put the box away and bring it out once in awhile to look in it, and yup they are still there.


I've heard this a million times but still "my dream is still a dream".Well to be frank, I am one of those few who loves to dream but never try to make it happen.I guess this is the "procrastinating instinct" that I have in me.

Speaking about dreams,life has an odd way of changing my course of life.
At a moments notice,I woke one day and realized that I am somewhere
I've never planned/expected/dreamed I would be.
For instance, Russia or even studying medicine.
No doubt studying medicine is something that
I really want to do cause I cannot see myself doing anything other than this.
I guess that is the beauty of experiencing life.



I've awaken in a place I could never imagine in my best dreams or worst nightmares.For instance, what I really want to be is "a doctor who is compassionate,understanding,honest and an expert in my field".


Thus studying medicine is just one of the keys to realizing my dream which seem to be so far cause life in Russia teaches me how incompassion , inconsiderate , immoral & untruthful one can be.

Sometimes
I shut my eyes and try to rationalize just what my dreams were and where they went versus what my dreams are.Do you get what I mean?Sometimes dreams can be so far apart and yet so close,edging on the brink of reality.


Recently I've been talking to a friend and he's running his family business now.
He once had a dream of being a pilot.

I have often wondered what would have happenned in each of our lives if we were to let go of the dream that was, to reach out to the dream more achievable and yet still satisfying, but not soul-nourishing. Did we give up? Stop believing in our abilities, our potential?

Or did we grow tired of the search, the hunt the challenge and settle for the less stressful, less taxing more simple life? Still full of twists and turns, but always heading in a direction away from the self you thought you were, the self you always believed you could be. I wanted to ask him that but I guess I dont have the guts.
Sigh...


At last the end of my rambling....


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my dreams?? gee... haven't come true yet.
But for some reason, my nightmares always come true....

Anonymous said...

Hard to archive a dream la... But have a dream mean have a motivation :P Good thing still eventhough it never/hard to archive :P

Johnny Ong said...

lemme share a bit then. u have to continue dreaming of what u want and for that matter as big as u can. reason is if it doesnt hit that big dream it wld have at least came close and wld have met all the smaller dreams in the process.

next, write down all your dreams and pin it up so that u can see it with deadlines beside each of those dreams. thru my experience, get a list of 100 dreams and i'm sure it'll work for many of it.

where u are right now was bcuz of a choice made by u earlier. nothing is co-incidental. it was how / what we have decided earlier which brought us to where we are right now.

miss critical said...

3point8 : haha... i think in our walk of pursuing dreams, obstacles are bound to come.. Its how we deal with it.. you call it nightmares but i see it as challenge .. haha i think from a more positive perspective..

wong : i guess what johnnyong said was quite true,, we just have to dream big..

johnny ong : wow... though the comment was long but its quite inspiring..will keep them in my mind ... haha.. thanks so much..