Does absence makes the heart grows fonder?

P/S: lazy wanna post picture.. so bear with me k coz if you really like what i write I guess picture doesn't matter much right..


Woo hoo... I'll be back home in a few days time and I realise how much I miss the people and places I have taken for granted earlier.

As I was typing this I was imagining how I wish to spend my summer back home...
Hmmm.. probably...like this :

1. On the way back home on daddy's car from the airport,I saw a famous malaysian "duit kopi" scene and I shake my head wonderingly at the sight of a potbellied policeman keeping the money into his pocket while other drivers roars past them in blatant defiance of traffic laws.


2. I sit on the beach, curling my toes in the crunchy sand and watching the timeless waves rising and ebbing, rising and ebbing, rising and ebbing...


3. It must have felt great to be back home, to catch up with old friends and see they haven't changed at all. To go to all my usual hangouts and relive memories of what were, in many cases, happier times. To learn of the problems, triumphs, romances, expectations, plans and adventures of all those who matter to me. To call up and rebond with friends who have left for foreign lands, pursuing dreams vastly different from mine.

So much to do, so many people to meet, so many places to go, so much emotional baggage.


4. The images imprinted in my mind at this moment are of mamak stalls at 12pm, eating laksa all day long, Kampua, nasi lemak, tomyam... (im salivating hehe)


5. After a while memories in Kl will definitely come flashing in my mind with birthday bash followed by a mad dash for cake, discussing life with close friends until 5 in the morning,Chor Dai Dee the whole night till morning and then going to mamak at 5

6. But I also find myself, very strangely, missing Moscow. Already. So much so that I call up my classmates all over the country, just to ask them what's up. To hear their voices and feel the warm emotions that course through me as we both realise it's simply awesome to hear one another's voices again.
Haha... I couldn't stop smiling thinking of the days Im gonna be back in Malaysia.


I guess opening up to people and realizing that I need a shoulder to cry on just as much as the next person, sharing and caring like I never have before, getting used to the fact that I instinctively call the room I'm staying in Moscow 'home', making friends and building relationships that really matter and that I hope will last all my life.Why do I feel like I sound like I've graduated and never gonna come back.


I guess absence from my home both in Malaysia and Moscow makes my heart grows fonder of both places

3 comments:

aManda玲慧 said...

i like this post =) i can't wait to be home too. yea kind of weird, when we are not in moscow we tend to miss this place hehe.

Johnny Ong said...

when i leave sudan back to kl, mamak food is also in the list ... hehe

miss critical said...

amanda : now that I'm back home.. I'm starting to missing Moscow.. hehe

johnny ong : haha.... i totally agree with you... where can you get mamak food but malaysia