Finally I have Facebook!

Finally, after 2 years of procrastination I've finally able to bring myself to open an account in Facebook.Why after 2 years?Well, becoz of this :

SISTER : Hey open a facebook account will ya.I wanna keep in contact with you.
ME: I have Friendster.You can find me there.
SISTER : Oh my.. are you still using Friendster? Do you know only auntie uses it?Nobody uses Friendster now.Everybody is in Facebook.It's the "in" thing now.
ME: But I like Friendster though I have not signed in for sometime.
SISTER: Oh my! You are transforming into an auntie.
ME: (Look puzzled)

On another scenario while I was sms-ing a long lost friend.

FRIEND: So how do I contact you in Malaysia.Maybe we can go out for a drink?phone no?
ME: I have forgotten my Malaysia no.
FRIEND: Its okay.Then we'll keep in touch through Facebook k!
ME: Ermm.. I dun have a Facebook.
FRIEND: Hey gurl you know that this is 21st century right?
ME: (Speechless)


So in the end I decide to open a Facebook account but for my identity as Clichegal for me to keep in contact with my blogger friends and not the real me.And voila here's my Facebook account.

But one big problem. After I have created an account, I have several pending invitations of friends to be confirmed under my Clichegal account.I mean they are not suppose to be there.I dont want everybody to know that I have a blog.I dont mind them reading my blog but I find it rather funny when they read my blog and instantly labelled me.For instance :

FRENS : I always see you laughing laughing but you portray yourself a bit too sad la in your blog.
ME: hehe... am I?


You see what I mean. Of course I'm thankful.It's just that I find it awkward..Anyway now my mission is to edit my name to my real name cause I cannot change my friend's list.




So ... I'm going to have fun with facebook now..Chao!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer Friendster too and only opened a Facebook account a few weeks ago. I guess I'm an auntie. LOL

p/s: Hello, first time commenting here. :)

miss critical said...

hi.. thanks for visiting ^_^

JayneAi said...

heheh,...wuts ur username in FB?i wanna add you..hehe