The " I " In Me

Today I had this bout of the 'emptiness' feeling.

I don't know how to put it down, I didn't know how to express it, I knew some people would listen


to me but I knew I had other better things to do than to rant.
I felt very 'unhappening'. I don't really have that va-va-voom in life yet.
Somehow I feel pretty unfulfilled.

I don't blame anyone but myself.

If I were to die tomorrow, I am not afraid of it. But I wouldn't want to die yet because I have left so many things uncomplete.

Man, so many 'I's.

You know when I go to university I feel like a nun... I mean, I don't smoke, don't say the f-word, don't drink, don't go clubbing etc etc. But then when I go to church I feel like I'm not a good enough Christian. (I know there is no such thing as being a good enough Christian, but I just feel that way, ok!)

People say to me, 'Man, loosen up!' Yet I feel I am very unworthy of God's grace.

And... time management problems. These past weeks I have been procrastinating alot.


hours
a day does not seem to be enough because of my procrastination.

I don't know what has come over me.
I fe
el my life's spiralling out of control.
I hope I can even revise my work in time.

But then again I feel incredibly disciplined at times
especially in this time of my topography anatomy cycle.

I hate skipping church,prayer meeting and fellowhip and urban life,
but I really need to study.
But if I was really desperate I CAN make it for these meetings.

I have lost that desperation for God in a way.
I mean I still love Him and all,
but I think I am sizzling out in passion.
But I know I shouldn't rely on passion
but on a love that never fizzes out.


Somehow nowadays I feel it's so difficult to be friendly. All I want to do is to stick to the small group of friends

I am comfortable with. I find it challenging to move out of my comfort zone and try to make conversation with other people. I fear irritating them. I really want people to feel accepted but yet I lack the courage to go all out to do so plus I felt myself being a hypocrite.

I also feel I am a very boring person.
(despite protests from some that I'm not).

Let me put it this way- I am boring to people I can't really click with. Somehow I've lost that spark of humour I once had. Believe it or not, I was actually outgoing once upon a time.Haha...

Now all I wanna do is hide inside my shell.

Sigh I am full of oxymorons.

2 comments:

JayneAi said...

hey...you're one of God's princess..you are beautifully and wonderfully made in God's image.You are cheerful and nice to be with.Good listener too.and the joy from you just shine out.be who you are.
"GOD's voice thunders in marvelous ways;he does great things beyond our understanding"JOB37:5..
He is molding and sculpturing you..You're God's work in process..I'll keep in my prayer=)GOD BLESS YOU..muaks

miss critical said...

you make so pai seh... (putting both my palm on face) .. But thank you very much your encouragement.. It really encourages me alot.. thanks very much.. I feel very bless to have you as my friend and of course I thank God for that.. muaks muaks..