Girl who lip- sync in the Beijing Olympics.


Remember this cute little girl who sang "Ode to the Motherland" at the opening ceremony for the Beijing Games 2008.
Well, it wasn't her voice that we heard.She was just lip sync-ing the words which had been recorded by this 7 year old girl on the left .


The reason the 7 year old girl was replaced was that her face was deemed "not suitable" for the opening ceremony.Hello? Not suitable?

I was even appalled when I heard this guy Chen Qigang,the general music designer of the opening ceremonies, said that “The child on camera should be flawless in image, internal feeling and expression.”

How could you tell a child - Oh I am sorry you have a wonderful voice and we want to use it but you're too ugly to be seen? How heartless could one be. Remember my entry on why pretty .

Well, in another few years time,this 7 year old girl will grow up and be convinced that she is ugly and unworthy of any affection. Remember the girl who lip-synced? What a great impact it would be on her life.She will be marked as "the imposter" for the rest of her life.Even so,the media world has named her as the world class fakes.



This reminds me of the Lingam's famous quote ..
"It looks like me, sounds like me.""But I will not say 100% that it's me."


They did a great job with the Olympics, and it took a lot of work to pull this off, but little things like these are such a turn off.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the officials got too carried away on getting everything perfect and forget the humane factor.

miss critical said...

totally agree .. I guess it's very easy to get blind sided when pride lies just in front ^_^

Emily Chong said...

Nice post =)

miss critical said...

thanks ^_^