Truth or Money ?


Lately, I have been watching this reality Tv show
"The moment of Truth".
The title of the show pretty much says it all.
Basically, it's about telling the truth and getting paid for it in a huge amount of money which may come up to about 500 000 USD.
So far, I have yet to see anyone passing the 100 000 USD mark.
Cause in exchage of the money, they hurt feelings of the people
they love ... or not love...or pretend to love....

There was this episode that particularly caught my attention and caused an uproar in US.

Lauren cleri
-the most hated woman in America after the show was aired.

Lauren Cleri’s ex-boyfriend Frank came on the show to ask her a question “If I wanted to get back together with you, would you leave your husband?”

Since her friend Monica didn’t want to hear it, though, she pressed the button to interrupt it.

So they replaced it with another question, still asked by her ex-boyfriend. “Do you believe I am the man you should be married to?” No way to get out of hearing this. She says yes. That answer is true. This is enough to bring her to the $100,000 mark. Her husband tells her to just keep going since it’s not like she can upset him any more. He admits he’s sometimes unhappy with the marriage, not that anybody’s surprised. Her mom wants her to stop now and take the money (Fox, 2008).


If you're curious to how it ends, whether she won the money, whether the marriage survived,then you might want to see this video:





Now the Question is :

Would you risk it all to win a huge amount of money?
After all, Honesty is the best policy!

The truth hurts, but it also sets you free.
But what if it chains someone up in order to set you free just like the show?
Okay, let me rephrase my word.
But what if in the process of setting of yourself free , you hurt the feelings of those you love.

To me,the hardest thing to endure is to have
your loved ones there with you and to be asked questions
that can threaten your relationship with them.

Anyway, after a long ranting, my answer is NO.
No way I'm going to sacrifice my family in exchange for the money.

TRUTHFULLY, 500 000 USD is a big sum of money.
I wouldn't be surprise if there are people out there who are willing
to reveal their darkest secret in order to get the money


Currently on:


Take A Bow (Official Remix) Ft. Q Da Kid - Rihanna



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a local version over here too, but I only watched all 5 minutes of it. The length some people would go for money! It's astonishing!

miss critical said...

The tv show indeed open my eyes..

aManda玲慧 said...

i will definitely not hurt my love ones just because of the huge amount of money, money is important but it is not everything.

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

I don't think she loves her husband anyways, that's why she could do it.

Hahahahaha I love the last question. She has to even lie that she's a good person.

miss critical said...

amanda : true.totally agreed!

CJ: I think so too.It kills me more (not really) that she cried so much that sometimes I thought that her husband cheated on her.